My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

You make it real for me

If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your dwelling. For He orders His angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on a stone. You will trample lions and poisonous snakes;you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
-PSALMS 91:9-13
I could hardly open my eyes yesterday to keep awake. Even so, do not take it as a sign that my spirits have dwindled. Rather, let it be known that thoughts are best gathered in the silence of the night, when everything else is at rest. The best time to pray is the moment you wake up, fresh before the sun and the moment you succumb to the comforts of slumber in the depths of the night.

There are no huge miracles after yesterday but at least I am grateful to be able to see in a different light. My speech, my conduct and manner do not differ much, but the soul is not chaotic and disoriented like before.

Perhaps God took pity on me in my brokenness. There are limits to my endurance. Maybe I was even walking on thin line. Well, I c
ome to say I have been rescued.
And that God is very real. To me, that is.


I must start towards my devotion again. No doubt, I am very much conformed to the ways of the world. I confess I still am very human and I commit the mistakes any other human would.

But I pray for the strength now to overcome these trials, these temptations I so often fall into.

I cannot be an ambassador overnight for God for I have much to learn. If you speak the word of God, you must live according to the word of God. To be accused as a hypocrite will not do God any justice.

There was a wind blowing to my face as I stood out of my balcony yesterday evening. I remembered of the Pope standing at his balcony too overlooking the Vatican Square, to numerous crowds of people below, praying for his recovery a few days before he left us all. He could not speak at all in his normal voice as he just had his operation at his larynx. Nevertheless he tried. All that came out were murmurs. He shed
tears then, but the crowd, God bless them, cheered.

God offers more than the possibility of protection or the likelihood of protection. Will God guard you? Is the pope Catholic? Your serenity matters to heaven. God's presence encapsulates your life. Separating you from evil is God, your guardian.
-MAX LUCADO


























No comments: