My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

One day that day will come..




This November, Juliana, my Penang friend has the greatest honour to walk the grounds of Rome, along with her mother and the rest of the pilgrimage group. They will be in the Papal city as well, going to sites I could only dream of.

In the words of the Bishop of Uganda, "These African children, to them, the Holy City is like a miracle their eyes have ever set upon." Those words mirror my own.

I should wait patiently for my time to be marvelled by the enchanted state within Rome. Only if it is His will. I feel like a prodigal daughter for the moments I have forgotten the kingdom of my Father, or defy plans He has in store for me. Let me not lapse into ungratefulness, o heart of mine.

Yet, my desire to walk on the soils of Vatican is like an ignited fire. Strong, very much alive. May this enthusiasm burns to last. It is an ongoing affair, this love story of a Catholic girl and her faith. Alas, finance is the main barrier up to this day. The struggles continue with more defeat. But hear this. I am not the least deterred. Never will I subject to this discontent or estranged fantasies. In order to win the final battle, we must remain resolute, steadfast like a rock. St Peter's strongest attribute.

Hope is a kind reminder of God's compassion. Never have I known any as merciful. To be shown the light of perseverance is the strongest pathway past journeys of calamity and chaos.

Rome was not built in a day. So is yours trully,in terms of character building.

My conversations now still centers on daily lives with add-ons of spice(a.k.a gossips) How easy it is to just let those words out of our mouth. Regrets do not bring any back. Only tainted reputation. Toning them down is another priority, more so, necessity.

Losing patience over triffle matters is another vice to be improved on and thus meditation is a form of remedy. Questions will forever be present but only a handful will be answered. I have the need to master control over conduct and potrayal of self; not for others but God Almighty. A refined speech and a polished significance are what I am on the verge of seeking.

Does this mean a total makeover? Well, it certainly feels like it. God help me. For the love of my faith, family, friends and myself, I hereby undergo this mission with a clear conscience and heart.

Audrey once commented," There more we are in tune with God the Father, the more we are in tune with His ways. Be forewarned that some will find us queer, somehow or rather. Well, I don't give a damn. It's my life and I live as I want. "
Ah, Audrey, I know exactly what you mean. I have been called that soon enough. A fanatic. An extremist even.

Amy chorused," If you ain't got faith and hope, you ain't got nothing." Spot on! Faith and hope, what are we without them?

Thank you, ladies. I guess we have angels on earth called friends, except without wings.

Vatican, wait for me.

I hope I will be permitted just a glimpse of Pope John Paul's resting place. A rose on its granite stone, the simplest gesture of remembrance to a complete stranger. Though so, he occupies a place in the heart like a warrior in this plague and sin infested world.

One day, that day will come.

From how many winds is God protecting you? His wing, at this moment, shields you. A slanderous critic heading towards your desk is interrupted by a phone call. A burglar en route to your house has a flat tire. A drunk driver runs out of gas before your car passes his. God, your guardian, protects you from: "every trap" (Psalms 91:3);"the plague that stalks in the darkness"(v.6);"the terrors of the night..the dangers of the day" (v.5)
-MAX LUCADO



No comments: