My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Totus tuus

"Please allow me to return to My Father's House." were one of his farewell whispers on April 2, 2005 despite the fact he could no longer speak due to his last operation, to those who loved him in Vatican. Even at his death bed, his humility of asking permission to go moves me to tears.
See their plight. Feel their hope and love. Their presence, however temporary clearly show the wonderful mercy and compassion of our Creator.

Mother Teresa told him before. "It comforts me to think you pray not only for me, but for everyone else." So committed are they to their calling. So much hidden sorrow and how they put up a brave front. They are not superhumans. They definitely experience doubts. But they never give up. They defy the face of danger. How many are so willing to undergo such ordeal, such responsibility?
"Here is a Pope who knows the face of pain,"quipped a nun when Pope John Paul II was elected in 1978. Born Karol Josef Wojtyla, he was the first non-Italian Pope to be elected, being a Polish. His official motto, "totus tuus" (all yours), referred to the Virgin.
" It is time to modernize," he told cardinals in the Vatican. Here is a Pope who is not in NATO, lol. ( No Action, Talk Only) as Fr Richard Ng addresses certain people of these times.

I find it too long to name these prominent figures' contribution. Theirs are memoirs worth reading. Their life stories will keep you on your toes as much as they have kept mine.

There is one thing I should want to mention. After I had watched the dvd and returned home, I received an email from a CHOICE friend of mine. It was an attachment called " Is it a coincidence?"

Intrigued I opened it. And......... inside were the pictures of Pope John Paul II from youth to his old age. It was then I broke down. I straightaway thanked my friend for the email. With it, I replied his email and said it was not a coincidence. This was a miracle. It taught me to hope and believe again. Thank you so much.

No man is an island
No man is really happy, alone
-POPE JOHN PAUL II


My deepest regret is not to meet both Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa when they were alive. Mahatma Gandhi even. But I am glad I had written several times to the Holy Father in 1998 while I was studying in KL. I had longed to go to World Youth Day 2000 and I wrote to him on my wishes. It was a shame I did not save enough for the trip. Monsignor Pedro Lopez Quintana replied on His holiness behalf for all the times I had written to him. Here I insert the letter as a
sign of my respect to a Pope who cares for everyone in the world. It is not clear though, unfortunately.

I believe I will see all these remarkable people one day when I return to the house of My Father.

Freedom is not worth having, if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -MAHATMA GANDHI

Peace begins with a smile
-MOTHER TERESA

I ask for forgiveness
-POPE JOHN PAUL II


No comments: