My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We are destined to do great things.

I had prayed hard in order to write this. Patience, says the Lord when I had hurled numerous pieces of paper to the wastepaper basket before publishing this particular post. I would say today is a historic day for me. Please allow me to explain why.

To begin with, today I watched the dvd of Pope John Paul II's life from the time of his election as a pope to his demise. It gave me a new sense of hope and direction.
For the past few weeks, I have been lamenting on my worries to close friends. Sighing, whining, all the normal woes of a human being. You name it, I got it,lol.Thus,I would like to thank them for their compassion and understanding.It isn't easy to put up with someone with more negativity in her head. I'll knock myself up, I promise lol. We are all in need and besides our family, we must acknowledge the fact that we have another strong support system, one we call, great friends. Praise the Lord for everything we have in our lives, in short.

Hope. Love. Charity. How lovely are those words to the ears, what more to say, when proclaimed. The very essence of human goodness and wholeness. We have a great deal of work to be done on earth. Only the courageous few dare attempt the first step. Individuals like Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi and many more I have yet to mention. Their names linger long after their departure from the world. When I watched the dvd, I was filled with remorse and awe at the same time. They are the epitome of true devotion to what they believe in. Even at their death beds, nothing in this world could ever make them waver. They are complete strangers to me, and perhaps to you too, no blood relation whatsoever...but their works, their faith, their personalities deliver messages the heart cannot deny.

Hope is how Pope John Paul II lived and let live.
Love is Mother Teresa's ambition, passion and fulfillment.
Charity is Mahatma Gandhi's vision and human freedom.

These are the chosen few whom dedicated their lives to serve God and the nation. The caretakers of the vineyard. There is no limitations to what they can do, given God's grace.Every being has different sets of uniqueness and capability. Try listening to their speeches. Prepare to be enthralled by their profound insights and genuine concern for the entire population regardless of religion and race. Dedication is a tremendous act of will-power and sacrifice. Dare you go where they set foot on? I would if given the chance.

Be not too troubled by the weight of the world on your shoulders, no matter how grave they may be. God has assured us that He would take good care of our tomorrows, if only we would let Him in. He has been standing outside since forever, in the cold, in the heat, in the sunny and rainy days. Take heart when everyone else fails you, He won't. Sometimes in the lowest point of my life, I refuse to believe that God is with me. But as in the words of Pope John Paul II, Even when you refuse to believe that God is with you in difficult times, God simply refuses to leave you.
How can I not cry to deserve such a love?

Despite all His Holiness contributions to the church and to the world, (this pope travels extensively, he cannot sit still even in sickness. Nothing wears him down, except Parkinson and failure of his nervous system) his days were outnumbered. God loved him more. He once told Mother Teresa in his visit to her humble charity home in Calcutta.
"I rather remain a Pope here, among the sick and dying."
Her words also become one he listens to. She said, "Do not think that love in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."
Before her demise in September 6, 1997 he had given her the last rites as a close friend would, a fair and beloved farewell. The human heart is capable of anything, and great deeds are among them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging blog..........keep the optimism fire on matey! Jiayou!

Taffy A.E. Jong said...

Thank you so much mate.We must do all we can to make life work, even if it is so hard.God bless!