My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Be not afraid


Today as I prayed in Carmelite during lunch, I prayed in communion with all the churches of the world. I closed my eyes to feel their very existence and I am blessed to find an overwhelming sense of belonging in this quiet sanctuary. Stepping out, I may be worldly again but the wonderful experience of contentment and purity of love can never be explained enough in words.

I do not deserve anything at all, I tell God. I no longer wish to ask. I long now to listen amidst the noises and distractions. His voice is audible, it is I who choose not to listen. Only now, I start to regret my ignorance. I will ask now, only once, when my day has come to return to the arms of my Father.


As imperfect as I am, humanly evil and loaded with guilt, the blood of the Creator runs inside me. For that, I ask for forgiveness, dearest Father.

I take my leave now to go home to live among the world. I will escape from time to time here to seek You. Know that this is where I will always prefer to be. We are all broken beings but we will always be His.

Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.
-POPE JOHN PAUL II
St Peter's Basilica. I could pray here forever.



No comments: