My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Look at the heart



I wish to emphasize specifically on this.


The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.


It is a crucial reminder to me thus I feel it worth sharing as a reflection to see many things in a different light.
Care to join me in my thoughts?


As Michael Warden puts it,
DON’T make it your ambition to do great things for God; make it your ambition to have a great heart for God-then the ‘great things’ will take care of themselves. You will always have people who try to measure your life by some great act of service or sacrifice.

“You are godly if you do this or that.”

That is pure foolishness-we are not made holy by any work we do and don’t do. There are multitudes of people who do so called great deeds every day but their hearts are not right.

Frankly, God isn’t the least bit interested in their great acts of service. Whether you preach to thousands or quietly mop floors means little to Him. What matters to God is the heart.


To grow up in Christ, we must understand that God is far more concerned with our inner lives than He is with our outer lives. That is not to say that you should go off and sin at will. But it does mean that you will never grow up as long as you keep putting the cart before the horse. Strive to have a pure, humble and passionate heart for God. Make that your sole ambition. Then you will find yourself doing great things for God without even being conscious of it.

Don’t worry about having a great reputation with people. No matter how you live, there will always be some people who accept you, and some who reject you.

Instead, continuously ask yourself the question that matters: What is my reputation with God?


Bam, his words knocked me off like magic. Just the reading I needed this relaxing Saturday night. Oh my, how can I be so blind all these while lol. Alas, I admit, I am only human. I make mistakes. I acknowledge them and I will try to improve. It is easier said than done, no doubt but let us have the every bit of determination to make change happen for the better.

Shall we?

No comments: