My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gravity


Gravity by Sara Bareilles is my inspiration for the day.
The lyrics run in my head so clearly over and over again as it helps me regulate my emotions. Intensity is what I am known for, either consciously or unconsciously.


Flaw or no flaw I embrace it as a part of who I am.
Like gravity, it pulls me down to reality, humbles and subdues me.
Hence, I accept this as a truth. I may or may not change but I know being who I really am is more powerful than denying it to be another.


I believe in choices. I believe we control what we will uncover. Unless the very thing that breaks us, is ourselves.

I have been down the road. Tired, beaten down by the weather of the world. Expectations, they serve me only contempt and sorrow when they have a standard so high to the point of perfection. Thus, I am coming down from that cloud, which have engulf me so long.


My memory, anything but frail, is a reminder of the faith I still have.It shakes me to senses.
My thoughts, no longer shadows.
My heart, my words, no longer a burden.

No comments: