My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feelings


When I feel feelings, I have opportunity to learn something new about myself.

I think I am stronger than I believe I really am. I may be broken but I am convinced I am not beaten.

Why?
Because today I am with Him.
He drives with me.
He listens to my music.
He sees what I see.
Most of all, He is changing me.
From the inside.
From the outside.

Somehow, I am different.Words cannot express it. Especially when I am infused with the right kind of emotion. Music.I guess a part of it wakes the senses. Rescues me from my emptiness. Refuses to listen to my excuses.


I take this fall.
But I also stand against it.
I can hear Him now.

True, I go about the same routine. I am still Taffy. Only my spirits shed its shadow.He told me to breathe easy. Slowly. Then feel it all within. Soar with it. Hold on to it. Grow with it. Completely. Love it with a fire that cannot be put out.
I would have never felt the magical part of healing if I was never induced to seek the cure. It is easy to fall prey to temptation. However, choices will discern the ultimate fate. Perspective. Change it. Only if you want to BELIEVE it.

Lost but now I am found. Poor but I know I am blessed. Resistant to shock. Flexible to learn. Able to comprehend. The task now is practising humility. It helps me to focus on the things I do not put as priority initially. It is not too late to start afresh.

Our God is a God of Open Arms. His is a Healing Touch.

Tonight, before I write this, I dimmed the lights,reflected a bit, gathered thoughts and motivated myself for a new tomorrow.
You see, too long have I punished myself for being me. This time, I won't. I'm going to persevere and celebrate being uniquely me. And this time too, I am doing it with a contented smile.

'Let Him live long enough in a heart, and that heart will begin to change. Potraits of hurt will be replaced with landscapes of grace'-Max Lucado.

Celebrating my ability to feel is a way to be fully free.

No comments: