My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Alone Time

I welcome solidarity. It is not an enemy.

Instead, I choose to indulge in it, the peace and quiet it offers. Edginess has no place here.

I am my own master, this moment. I have to admit. I am a dissatisfied person. I tend to compare myself with those around me, particularly the rich. I wanted, dreamt of their cosy, luxurious life. I desired money for power and pleasure.

I told God, I could contribute more if I were suddenly bestowed wealth. I really meant it. Come to think of it, perhaps God is not granting such a request, due to my finance management. I need not explain further.
Thus I am who I am today. Unless I prove myself
worthy, I must never be ungrateful with the comfortable life I have now.

I have shared dreams with my Creator. I told him of my longing for a 4WD, lol. I feel somehow mighty driving my father's Pajero. The ability to handle the big and sturdy vehicle. Yet I honestly do not think I can keep up with the maintenance expenses, not with my current salary. I try not to voice out my intention to drive my father's pride and joy. I am sort of prohibited. It was like a forbidden fruit to me. Thus, I better keep my distance. Give it another 15 years or so, for my cup of tea.

Then, I also need to consider a roof over my head. A simple house would do. With a nice compound, easy to look after. I rather have one nearer to the city in a safe neighbourhood. I contemplate on an apartment but resell value seems
not to my favour. In any case, I am opting for a single storey terraced unit, inclusive of a ferocious man's best friend to keep me company. Renovations will be reviewed only when there is excess budget.

All of these are possible only if I have the financial means. To achieve it, I need to work extremely hard over the years. In that process, I also strive to prioritize God. For He is my counsellor. My planner.


In Him, even the impossible is possible.

No comments: