My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Damai day trip getaway

Yes!
I finally did run away with a close friend of mine, from the city for a bit... lol, more of an escapade to the upperside Kuching towards oceanous region:)

So here's the beginning of a journey as I made my way to....(guess the road if you're smart, heh)
We proceeded anyway because it was rare that I could go out for long hours on a Sunday, given that I had attended mass yesterday to make way for today.

We both wanted some peace of mind,
I wanted to throw my anxieties to the seas on the other hand, so buckled with some keropok and water bottles, we embarked on a 40 minutes journey to the serene beach of Damai. Perhaps we long for some 'damai'ness. Thus, with our heart set and hope for good weather, we were off, no turning back. The weather was a bit gloomy but thank goodness the rain was not that heavy when we reached. Damai beach was fully packed with family gatherings and company gatherings as well. Sarawak Energy and Bahagia Dagang were having their family day there. We were like 'oh there goes our tranquilness'. Anyway, we made our way to the beach and sat at a vacant hut overlooking the seas. The flag indicator was red and we experienced a slight pour. However, we rested quite comfortably, sharing thoughts and silence as well.

Let's just say we found a place to forget awhile the reality of our life, the worries all fade for a moment. Enough to calm our senses and elevate our determination.
We felt suddenly at home, the sound of waves in our ears.
What we could not find, we could have it here.
I also took the opportunity to take some snapshots, being a sucker for sceneries and (please don't mention it), the seas as well.Hence the two pictures above taken from the hut.

We had our lunch at Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant around 1pm, ordering a plate of tomato sauce kueh tiaw and a plate of oyster omelette accompanied by two teh c peng special ('kurang manis') haha. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Rating of food 4 stars:) Price.....
A plate of Tomato Sauce Kueh Tiaw for two (RM12)
A plate of Oyster Omelette S-size (RM12) but enough for two.
A glass of Teh C Peng Special (RM 2)

(Managed to take picture of this jettyside and the view overlooking the mountains from Palm Beach Seafod Restaurant)


(Okay this is the last view of the Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant exit side before we journeyed home with full stomach.)

I absolutely am grateful to God for today.
I thank God for being stronger now. I brought my broken heart along to be soothed and am glad to have made it this far. As for my friend, she was also enlightened. We prayed for the best and decided to let God take care of our tomorrows.

I love Novembers and Decembers. This is when I can really go for journeys of a lifetime.
From January to October, I could hardly breathe.Nor can you see me taking liberties to plan outings.Thus, holidays are meant for a reason:)

No comments: