My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Honesty and silence

Yeah, I know you're frustrated man.
Life's not working out like you planned and you're struggling just to hold on.
Call on The Lord.
Forget what you heard; He loves you.

God is good
Even here in Hollywood
Where demon legions run
Gunning for one soul to flood
With evil intent
Sending fever drips
Of freezing pitch
To fears mixed in our cerebral

Libidoal clicks
Right there
Safe in the middle
That's where we like to
Stay
Might pay the price with our life

But it's OK
As long as no one talks behind your back
Uh, huh
And then you find out what human relationship lacks
I know

I've been there before
Asking myself why
People I trusted turned on me
Made me cry
Sitting there silent, questioning what I'm gonna do
Like a live interview of who I'm gonna follow

Tomorrow
Only One can really give you what you need
Your maker
Knows every single hair on your head
The creator
Made every one of us

And here's the fun part
He loves all
Sons
Daughters
So much
With one heart
That he sent His only Son to suffer and die for us on a Cross
Nails tossed through his wrists
Stripped of all honor
Jesus Christ

I know the name causes discomfort
To this puppet generation
Stubborn
Huffing and puffing
Of all the crimes committed through time in His name

But that's us
Has nothing to do with the love that Christ gave
Just our lust
When you call His name
And ask him to come
Into your life
His Holy Spirit literally changes you to a new core right

We were born into this world of spite
Greed
And plythe
Original sin
Yet all things made new through Christ
All you've got to do is pray to Him

Lord Jesus
I can't do this myself
I need you to free me in this
Not sure what to do but I've got this bible
I'll pray for wisdom 'fore I read it
Hoping for revival
And they said you want relationship
so that's what I'll give ya'
All my problems and my joys
I pray to you with eve-ry-thing.

This is a nice 'rap' remix into Keyshia Cole's Heaven Sent. Worth listening.
Powerful simple lyrics.
Somehow right now all I seek is silence.

No comments: