My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Draw if you may


There always something fascinating about drawing people.

The very detail of a person's countenance.
The lines, the shape, everything.

It's like it's alive.
Communicating to you in shades, in strokes.

You don't even want to put anything down until you get it right.


I am not a good sketcher but I feel satisfied after attempting to draw people whom I love or admire. Not imperfect but at least I can claim the work as solely mine. In its imperfection I can say I have done it. I cannot explain the feeling. It's rare. It's just there.

Writing is my number one passion but drawing/sketching can be defined as my second best.
An empty paper transformed when you put your head and heart into it.

Individuality in paper even if through appearances.


I have never thought of drawing Pope John Paul II at all.
But one day I did.
And what a feeling it gave me.
And the result, my very own perception of the face of Pope John Paul, drawn from a newspaper cutting.

It feels so personal,
so moving.

Strange is it not...

Perhaps a real painter would feel more than I did.

But I was overwhelmed by the simplicity of it... really. It sets you free,
for a moment,
brief but...
adequate enough.

No comments: