My top priority

My top priority
He who will never leave and never dies.
We don't have to work to impress God.
He knows who we are and accepts us with unconditional love.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Must forget the world to move on


This is a new month for me, believe it or not. I feel some changes heading my way. The more I try hard to maintain my composure or stay contented, there is always something in the way.

For one, there is envy. I have always fought with it with all my might. It keeps coming back though but this time I am blocking it for my own safety and peace of mind.

Two, there is comparison. I think it's not wise of me to try to win everyone's approval at the cost of risking my own happiness. So, yes, the root of my worries will always be comparisons. I won't let that rule me. Must move on. Have to stay invincible.

Can I opt to be a superwoman, God? Then I won't have to think so much about the opinions of others. I address the need to restructure my entire life. Why isn't it enough to have only You as my friend? Yet friendship can be so disappointing:(

Oh God, I am ashamed that I am not as contented to trust in You.
But because I love you and You love me too, we will pull through.
Let's do this God. Let's face all the storms and dangers the world has in store. I think I need You more than ever now God. I hope You'll stay.

Love,
your daughter.


The craftsman places an ingot of silver on an anvil and pounds it with a sledgehammer. Once the metal is flat enough for shaping, into the furnace it goes. The worker alternately heats and pounds the metal until it takes the shape of a tool he can use. Heating, pounding. Heating,pounding. Deadlines, traffic. Arguments, disrespect. Loud sirens, silent phones. Heating, pounding. Heating, pounding.

No comments: